We use multiple layers security technology and advanced encryption to ensure your information is protected through a secure connection to the bank. Additionally, neither your check images nor your banking information is ever stored on your device.
Below you’ll find a more detailed outline of the security measures used to protect you:
- We use TLS 1.1 & 1.2 encryption which is considered “strong cryptography” and more advanced than previous SSL methods
- We require a unique online banking ID and strong passwords which need to be updated every 6 months.
- We use a multi-authentication approach which requires additional challenge questions to be answered if you are using a device or computer that you have not registered.
- Check images are scanned and reviewed for duplicates.
- Specific limits on the amount and number of checks deposited via mobile are set which require additional authorization if they are exceeded.
While security measures are in place, there are several practices you can utilize to further protect yourself.
- Callaway Bank employees will NEVER ask you for your online banking credentials, such as your password, security questions, and answers.
- Keep online banking credentials secure and safe. Never disclose your username, password or account numbers to anyone and do not leave them written down.
- Never use your online banking password on any other website. Keep it unique and safe.
- Eliminate or limit unnecessary email activity and web-surfing on computers and cell phones used for online banking. Consider dedicating a computer to online banking for your business and never use it for general internet browsing or email.
- DO NOT use public wireless access and computers at libraries, hotels or other public places.
- Monitor your bank account transactions daily and report any unauthorized or suspicious activity to The Callaway Bank immediately.
- Be highly suspicious of any emails or text messages stating you have won a prize or claiming to be from government agencies, tax agencies, financial institutions or other companies asking you to verify account information or online banking credentials. Clicking on the links or opening attachment can expose your computer and phones to fraud.
- Download the app from official sources only such as iTunes® App Store, and for Android, Google Play®, or the Amazon Fire store.
- Never leave your mobile device unattended while using The Callaway Bank Mobile app or any other mobile activity.
- Use your phone’s built-in lock function and set a password-protect for start-up or time-out.