New Debit Card: Everything You Need To Know
NEW Debit Cards: Designed with personal information on the back to help protect against fraud.
Debit Card: New Features
- Card Limit Suspension Spending limits protect your funds in case your card is compromised. However, there are times when you need to make a purchase above your normal limit. While you can still contact us to temporarily raise your limit, now you’ll be able to make the temporary change yourself, even while you’re at the checkout counter!
- Card On/Off The new On/Off control feature works great when you misplace your card, or when you want added fraud protection during hours when you’re not making purchases. Just click to turn it Off, and click to turn it back On when you find your card. Or, use the scheduling feature, for example, to turn your card off between 10:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m. Turning Off your card will not affect any recurring payments you’ve set up with merchants.
- Change Your PIN with the mobile app or digital banking portal anytime you like.
Contactless means that cards can be waived over the card terminal to make your payment. Mastercard calls this Tap & Go and it’s a fast, touchless way to pay for purchases. Look for this icon on terminals to know if they accept contactless payments.
If you prefer to pay with your Digital Wallet (phone/watch) they will auto-update when the Upgrade is finished. Learn more about Digital Wallet and the new payment partners!
Making Debit Card Replacement Smoother
- Your new card will be automatically activated on August 18, which means you don’t have to call a number and go through an activation process. Please carefully review the information that came with your new debit card. If you haven’t received your new debit card by August 10, please contact our Customer Care Team.
- Automatic Billing Updater Bills that are automatically paid with your current debit card will be converted to your new debit card. While this service won’t guarantee every merchant is updated, it should catch quite a few. Merchants that don’t subscribe to the Automatic Billing Updater service will need to be updated by you personally. To make checking information after the Upgrade easier simply take a screenshot or jot down auto-paying bills charged to your Debit Card.
Debit Card: Important Dates
Your new card should arrive by August 10, but won’t be activated until early morning on Thursday, August 18.
Your old debit card (the one you have now) will be turned off Thursday, August 18. Don’t forget to switch to your new card and destroy your old card.
Get A Reminder Text to Switch Cards
Text “TCBCARD” to 800-446-2265 to enroll. We’ll send you a text on August 18 as a reminder to switch to your NEW debit card!