In the event that you believe your identity may have been stolen, you’ll need to take steps in order to get it corrected.

If You Suspect Fraud on Your Callaway Bank Account, Contact Us Immediately.

If you find any fraudulent activity on your account, contact us as soon as possible so that we can begin the process of correcting the fraudulent activity. We will immediately begin to research and restore your account, in order to keep your information and finances secure. If you think your card has been lost or stolen, you will need to contact us about canceling your current card and ordering you a new one. During Business Hours, contact us if you have questions or concerns at (573) 447-1771 (Columbia Area),  (573) 592-6352 (Fulton Area), or (800) 446-2265 (toll-free). After Business Hours (For Lost or Stolen Cards Only), contact us at: (800) 472-3272.

Tips and Actions You Should Take If You Suspect Your Identity May Have Been Compromised:

Take Notes and Keep a Detailed Log. Take detailed notes on all conversations, correspondence, and actions taken. Make sure to include dates, times, the names of who you spoke with, and phone numbers (should you need to contact them again). Keep a log of time spent and any expenses incurred. When sending correspondence, send by certified mail (return receipt requested). Make and save copies of all documents filed and correspondence sent.

File an Identity Theft Complaint Form. In Missouri, you will file this with the Missouri State Attorney General’s Office. This form is available online here. You can submit the form online, but make sure to print or save a copy for your log before closing the window once the form has been completed.

File an Identity Theft Complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. You can file online at or call the FTC’s Identity Theft Hotline, toll-free: 1-877-IDTHEFT (438-4338).

Contact Your Banks and Credit Card Companies. Ask to have all checks and ATM/debit cards canceled, and obtain new account numbers. Give the bank a secret password for your account. Make sure your password is something only you would know and could not be easily looked up or guessed by someone else.

Contact the Major Credit Bureaus. Report the theft, and ask for the names and phone numbers of the credit grantors with whom fraudulent accounts have been opened. Ask the credit bureaus to remove the inquiries that have been generated due to the fraudulent access. Also, you may ask the credit bureaus to notify those who have received your credit report in the last six months in order to alert them to the disputed and erroneous information. They can also place fraud alerts on your credit report, and “freeze” your credit.

Contact Creditors With Whom Your Name Has Been Used Fraudulently. Get replacement cards with new account numbers for your own accounts that have been used fraudulently. Ask that old accounts be processed as “account closed at consumer’s request”. This is better than “card lost or stolen” when this statement is reported to credit bureaus. Carefully monitor your accounts for evidence of new fraudulent activity. Report any new fraudulent activity immediately.

Contact Law Enforcement. Report the crime to the law enforcement agency with jurisdiction in your case. Give them as much documented evidence as possible, including a printed copy of the FTC Identity Theft Complaint. Also, give them a copy of the Identity Theft Incident Report that you filed through the state attorney general’s office. Get a copy of your police report for your log. You may need it to show supporting evidence and verify your case to financial institutions or other agencies.

Contact Your Local Post Office’s Postmaster. If you suspect an identity thief has filed a change of address with the post office or has used the mail to commit credit or bank fraud, you will need to inform your local Post Office’s Postmaster. Find out where the fraudulent credit cards were sent, then give the post office an address to which they can safely forward all mail in your name to.

Contact the Social Security Administration. If you suspect fraudulent use of your social security number, you will need to call the SSA Fraud Hotline at 1-800-269-0271. The SSA will determine if you fit their fraud victim criteria. If you meet their criteria, they may suggest issuing you a new social security number.

Contact the Department of State’s Passport Services Office. Even if you do not have a passport you may want to alert this agency in writing to be on the lookout for anyone ordering a new passport fraudulently in your name.

Contact the Department of Motor Vehicle’s Driver’s License Fraud Unit. Ask to put a fraud alert on your license. You may also ask if someone has used your information to obtain a driver’s license. If this occurs, go to your local Missouri Department of Revenue office to request a new driver’s license number. Also, fill out the DOR complaint form to begin the fraud investigation process. When you send in your form, make sure to include any supporting documentation.

Contact Your Health Insurance Company. Identity thieves can use your personal information to obtain health care benefits in your name. Make sure to alert your health insurance provider of your identity theft.